GGA Web Page    GGA Discussion Forums    GGA Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Geocaching in Georgia    Georgia County Challenge
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Georgia County Challenge
 Login/Join

Geocacher
Picture of Shilo
posted
Georgia County Challenge( GC1B074) Cache.

Discuss, tell everyone how you are doing and whatever else related to this challenge.

(I didn't see a thread on this so I started this one.)

Posts: 356 | Location: Hiram, GA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Geocacher
Picture of Shilo
posted Hide Post
I started over the other day on this even though I had some counties already.

So I have 1 done: Paulding

clap

Posts: 356 | Location: Hiram, GA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Geocacher
Picture of Shilo
posted Hide Post
Added:

Sept 5: Tift, Cook, Lowndes, Brooks, Thomas, Grady, Decatur, Seminole, Early, Miller, Baker, Mitchell, Colquitt
Sept 6: Worth, Dougherty, Lee, Terrell, Calhoun, Clay, Randolph, Quitman, Stewart, Sumter

Our adventure included: A road closure with long detour, gnats, 925 miles traveled, a overnight stay in Moultrie, gnats, 23 county caches found, a house fire, 2 DNF's, 11 Delorme Challenge pages, more gnats, no rain at all and a wonderful memory of south Georgia I would have never seen without this cache!!!

Geocacher
Picture of Shilo
posted Hide Post
Guess I started my own little thread...lol yahoo

Dec 26: Fulton

Jan 2: Dooly, Crisp, Turner, Ben Hill, Irwin, Berrien, Lanier, Echols, Clinch, Ware and Charlton

Jan 3: Camden, Glynn, Brantley, Pierce, Bacon, Coffee and Atkinson

Geocacher
Picture of fatkidsOTWunite!
posted Hide Post
We've been working on the Ga County Challenge off and on for a while. I'm ready to get back ON it! Hopefully, we will add an update sometime this year LOL

Janet

Team Underachievers - we log a lot of miles for a few smiles Smile

Posts: 149 | Location: Waverly Hall, Ga | Registered: April 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Geocacher
Picture of GA Cacher
AIM: Online Status For GA Cacher
posted Hide Post
56 counties left LOL

Profile for GA Cacher

Posts: 329 | Location: Acworth GA | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
phat.us cache.us
Picture of phat.bak
posted Hide Post
159 counties left ... Laughing

Posts: 2773 | Location: NE GA - Gateway to the Mountains | Registered: November 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Geocacher
Picture of Shilo
posted Hide Post
Looks like you 2 have a lot of work to do...lol.

I have to say it will take me awhile to do it but I'm having fun seeing the state and parts of it I would never have seen otherwise. I saw the Folkston Funnel this last weekend, drove around the Okeefenokee swamp. Saw raccoons and deer everywhere and met some really nice people. Didn't realize we grew so much cotton in GA and pine trees.
Caches are sparse in alot of areas down south too making it a challenge for sure.

Geocacher
Picture of Saf-t-Man
posted Hide Post
I keep a print out of the state of Geogia showing all the counties. When I find a cache that qualifies in a county, I highlight the county. Haven't gone out specifically to find a cache in a particular county but I do have 61 of the counties marked off.

Of course, I also keep a similar Map page on the DeLorme Challenge and mark off the page as I have it taken care of

Also, I've got a Well-Rounded Cacher spreadsheet I carry around and update if I happen to find a cache that qualifies a spot on the grid I need

Also the Back to School

Also CSRA 21 County Challenge

Dang it - maybe I should try to finish something before starting something else

Posts: 63 | Location: Stockbridge, Georgia | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Geocacher
Picture of Shilo
posted Hide Post
Added:

Jan 23:
Houston, Pulaski, Wilcox, Dodge, Telfair, Jeff Davis, Appling, Wayne, Long, McIntosh and Liberty.

Jan 24:
Bryan, Chatham, Evans, Tattnall and Toombs.

58 down, 101 to go